Main Practice Areas
• Mergers and Acquisitions
• Energy and Infrastructure
• Data Privacy
• Foreign Investments
OSL is a Philippine corporate, commercial, and tax law firm, and assists clients across a spectrum of business concerns including general corporate and commercial matters, company establishment and registration, contract negotiation and drafting, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate restructuring, taxation, financing, foreign direct investments and dispute resolution.
OSL has a very strong corporate and mergers and acquisitions practice, which makes up around forty percent (40%) of the firm’s activity. It has advised on several acquisitions in the energy sector, and has provided transaction advice on several renewable energy projects such as solar, wind, hydro, biomass, and geothermal power projects.
The capabilities of OSL lawyers extend into project development (covering energy and infrastructure). They regularly demonstrate their expertise in public-private-partnerships, as they advise on the corporate, finance, and regulatory aspects of these structures.
OSL also has excellent tax capability. Almost all of our senior lawyers previously worked in the tax divisions of Big 4 professional services firms. They bring a strong knowledge of tax to corporate dealmaking. They allow the firm to provide clients with comprehensive advice that considers both legal or regulatory viability and tax efficiency.
The firm also has a notable data privacy practice, and has established itself as a key source of advice for corporate clients and international law firms.
OSL is driven to provide Philippine businesses with solutions that will enable them to thrive in the global economy. Through its collaboration with DFDL, an international law firm focused on Asia’s emerging economies, it provides its clients with access to the tax and legal expertise of 12 offices in eight countries. It also works closely with Kinstellar and its 10 offices in Central and Eastern Europe.
The firm proudly serves as the gateway for Philippine businesses seeking legal and tax advice to support their regional expansion in ASEAN.
- Assisted a global energy company in due diligence review and investment structuring of a planned multi-billion dollar acquisition of geothermal energy assets in the Philippines;
- Acted as transaction counsel for the acquisition and debt refinancing facilities for a pharmaceutical company amounting to Php 1.9 billion (~USD 40 million);
- Advised a Hong Kong company in the acquisition of majority shares in a health supplement/pharmaceutical company with a value of around Php 1 billion (~USD 20 million);
- Provided transactional support on a contemplated corporate restructuring and divestment of shares in a top Philippine hospital, with a transaction value of approximately Php 5 billion (~USD 100 million);
- Advised the Buyer on the purchase of a controlling stake in a company listed in the Philippine Stock Exchange, and on the conduct of mandatory tender offer process; and
- Acted as transaction counsel for a joint venture involving the construction, operation and maintenance of a 10 MW and 12 MW biomass power project in Mindanao.
Ocampo & Suralvo (OSL)
Address: 6/F Liberty Center, 104 HV Dela Costa St., Salcedo Village, Makati City, 1227 Philippines
Tel: (632) 7625 0765
Contact: Jude Ocampo
Number of employees: 16
Offices in Asia: 1
Year Established: 2015
Languages Spoken: Filipino, English