Main Practice Areas
- Banking & Finance
- Capital Markets
- Foreign Investment
- Hotels & Tourism
- Insolvency & Restructuring
- Intellectual Property
- IT & Telecommunications
- Litigation & Dispute
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Mining & Energy
- Power & Infrastructure Projects
- Real Estate
Makarim & Taira S. grew rapidly into an internationally recognised, full-service practice, with an impressive range of household names on our client list. We deliver real world business solutions, based on our in-depth understanding of the complexities of operating in a rapidly evolving Indonesia.
Long considered one of Indonesia’s leaders in Corporate and Banking/Finance practices, we’ve been recognised for our work on high profile infrastructure and power projects as well as financing. Our experience and expertise in Litigation and Dispute Resolution are also broad and we have advised high profile clients in the area.
Integrity is important to us. We provide cutting edge advice that gets results, but we never expose our clients to unacceptable risks and this is why our business relationships are so longstanding. Clients stay with us because we give them practical solutions they can trust.
Our expertise is also sought by the Indonesian government, which has invited M&T to provide advice on a number of key legislative developments. This means we have unique insight into the evolution of Indonesia’s legal environment insight which means we can anticipate changes and protect the business interests of our clients. We are fully committed to the future prosperity of both Indonesia and our clients.
We have been here for more than 40 years and remained independent, and many international law firms trust us when they need people who know Indonesia, and a team that delivers. We’re here for good and our heritage is proof.
Recognition/Awards or Key Deals
- Named by IFLR1000 in 2020 a Tier 2 Law Firm in Indonesia for Banking, M&A, Capital Market: Equity, Project Development, Project Finance and Restructuring and Insolvency
- Acknowledged by Asialaw Profiles 2020 as Outstanding Firm for its Energy, Infrastructure, and Labor and Employment practice; as Highly Recommended Indonesian Law Firm for Dispute Resolution, Banking and Finance, Competition and Antitrust, Construction and Real Estate, Corporate/M&A, Restructuring and Insolvency and Technology and Communications; as Recommended Indonesian Law Firm for Capital Markets and Industrial and Manufacturing.
- The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020 named Makarim & Taira S. as a Top Tier Law Firm for Labour and Employment, Projects and Energy, Real Estate, and Restructuring and Insolvency; and as a Tier 2 Law Firm for Aviation, Banking and Finance, Corporate and M&A, Dispute Resolution, and IT and Telecoms
- Makarim & Taira S. was named ‘Indonesia Firm of the Year 2018-2019’ by Asian-mena Counsel’s In-House Community for its Restructuring and Insolvency practice, and ‘Honourable Mention’ for International Arbitration
Makarim & Taira S.
Address: Summitmas I, 16th – 17th Floors, Jl. Jenderal Sudirman Kav 61-62, Jakarta 12190, Indonesia
Tel: (+62-21) 50808300, 2521272
Fax: (+62-21) 2522750-51, 2521830
Contact: Lia Alizia, Managing Partner
Number of employees: 104
Fee Earners: 50
Offices in Asia: Jakarta, Indonesia
Year Established: 40
Languages spoken: English, Indonesian, French, Chinese