Main Practice Areas
Antitrust & Competition, Banking, Capital Markets, Corporate Investigations & White Collar Defense, Environment, Financial Regulation & Compliance, Financing, FinTech, Health, Insolvency & Restructuring, Insurance, Intellectual Property, International Arbitration & Cross-Border Litigation, International Trade & Customs, Labor & Employment, Litigation, Mergers & Acquisitions, Privacy & Data Security, Private Equity, Real Estate, Securities, Shipping, Tax, Technology, Media & Telecommunications.
Established in 1973, Kim & Chang is Korea’s premier law firm with a market leading position in all practice areas including antitrust and competition; banking; capital markets; corporate investigations and white collar defense; environment; financial regulation and compliance; financing; fintech; health; insolvency and restructuring; insurance; intellectual property; international arbitration and cross-border litigation; international trade and customs; labor and employment; litigation; mergers and acquisitions; privacy and data security; private equity; real estate; securities; shipping; tax; and technology, media and telecommunications.
Our strong foundation is built on the breadth and depth of our talent. Our professionals include lawyers, tax lawyers, patent and trademark attorneys, accountants, and other subject matter and industry experts totaling more than 1,700 professionals today. Our teams work seamlessly in close coordination with each other with the highest commitment to creating innovative solutions to the legal and business challenges that our clients face.
Based in Seoul, with offices in Hong Kong and Ho Chi Minh City, we are particularly known for our cross-border expertise. We have advised on some of the largest, most complex and demanding transactions and legal challenges in Korea and around the world. We have built a track record of “first-of-its-kind”, groundbreaking solutions that have had a profound impact on the law and business. Our attorneys are licensed in multiple jurisdictions, including Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, England and Wales, France, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, the US and Vietnam in addition to Korea. With our growing regional networks and collaborative relationships with reputable law firms across Asia and around the globe, our clients with multi-jurisdictional interests have come to rely on us as a “one-stop shop” of the highest quality.
Recognition and Awards
- “Asia-Pacific Firm of the Year” – Asialaw Regional Awards (2019)
- “South Korea National Law Firm of the Year” – Chambers Asia-Pacific Awards (2020)
- “Country and State Awards: Korea” – Who’s Who Legal Awards (2019)
- “Most Innovative National Law Firm of the Year: Korea” – IFLR Asia-Pacific Awards (2019)
- “Korea Law Firm of the Year” – ALB Korea Law Awards (2019)
- “Band 1” in all 9 practice areas – Chambers Global (2020)
- “Band 1” in 18 practice areas – Chambers Asia-Pacific (2020)
- “Tier 1” in all 15 practice areas – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2020)
- “Tier 1” in all 6 practice areas – IFLR1000 (2020)
- “Outstanding” in all 24 practice areas and industry sectors – Asialaw Profiles (2020)
- “Most Responsive Firm of the Year” -Asian-MENA Counsel Firms of the Year (2019)
Kim & Chang
Address: 39, Sajik-ro 8-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul 03170, Korea
Tel: (82) 2 3703 1114
Fax: (82) 2 737 9091/9092
Number of professionals: over 1,700
Offices in Asia: Seoul, Hong Kong and Ho Chi Minh
Year Established: 1973
Languages Spoken: Korean, English, German, French, Dutch, Chinese, Japanese and Vietnamese