Main Practice Areas
Investment funds / Private equity / Real estate / Corporate, mergers & acquisitions / Management companies and AIFMs / Regulatory and compliance / Structured finance and securitisations / Tax advice and structuring / Tax litigation / VAT and indirect tax / Transfer pricing / Banking and financial services / Capital markets (debt and equity) / Commercial / ICT, IP, media and data protection / Technology / Investment firms and other professionals of the financial sector / Administrative law / Dispute resolution / Employment and pensions law / EU law, competition and antitrust / Finance / Foundation, non-profit organisations and philanthropy / Insolvency and restructuring / Insurance and reinsurance / Public procurement / Urban zoning.
Our firm was founded in 1964 by lawyers committed to excellence and creativity in legal practice. Since then, we have shaped a firm fit for one purpose; to deliver the best possible advice for businesses, institutions and entrepreneurs. Our Hong Kong office is headed by Xavier Le Sourne, partner of the firm who has strong experience in regulated and unregulated investment structures. The local team is supported by Counsel Charlotte Chen, a native Chinese speaker, and a dedicated group of associates both in Hong Kong and Luxembourg. Partners Katia Panichi, who opened the Hong Kong office in 2012, and Gast Juncker are both responsible for the Asian activities in Luxembourg.
Elvinger Hoss Prussen is ranked top tier in Legal 500, Chambers & Partners and IFLR 1000. In every recognized client or peer assessment, the firm ranks among the top firms in Luxembourg. “Elvinger Hoss Prussen has ‘incredible strength-in-depth’ and therefore has the critical mass to handle a considerable volume of matters for clients ranging from boutique investment houses to large international fund promoters.” We were recently honoured to receive the FLR Award 2019 “Luxembourg Most Innovative Law Firm of the Year”.
- We advise a number of Asian asset managers in the establishment and maintenance of their Luxembourg UCITS and AIF ranges. Our clients include the major Chinese banks, asset managers in Hong Kong, Singapore and Korea as well as the major Japanese asset management and securities houses.
- We assisted Far Eastern International Bank in providing financing to a Luxembourg Reserved Alternative Investment Fund through a Luxembourg law governed term loan facility agreement.
- We advised Shenzhen based Tencent Holdings Limited on corporate law aspects in connection with their acquisition of a majority stake in European based entity SUPERCELL OY.
- We advised Hong Kong based Baring Private Equity Asia (BPEA) in setting up two of the largest Asia parallel funds (each under the form of a Luxembourg partnership) respectively investing in Asian management buyouts and real estate.
- We assisted Hong Kong based Euro Asset Management Ltd to set up of a Luxembourg partnership to invest into UK real estate.
*Elvinger Hoss Prussen’s Hong Kong office provides legal services only under Luxembourg law
Elvinger Hoss Prussen
Address: Suite 503, 5/F ICBC Tower, Three Garden Road, Central, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2287 1900
Fax: (852) 2287 1988
Number of employees: 370
Offices: Hong Kong, Luxembourg, New York
Year Established: 2012 (1964)
Languages spoken: Chinese (Cantonese), Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, German, Luxembourgish