Main Practice Areas
Litigation and Dispute Resolution, Corporate and M&A, Employment, Banking and Finance, Telecommunications, Media & Technology.
Established in 2006, DivinaLaw is one of the top full-service law firms in the Philippines. Its rapid rise is coupled with the unparalleled growth of the firm which began with five lawyers and now has a roster of more than 50 legal practitioners.
Led by its managing partner Atty. Nilo T. Divina, the firm has made its mark in the corporate legal practice and its impressive list of clients includes some of the biggest names in banking and finance, manufacturing, healthcare, construction, and real estate sectors.
The Firm takes pride in advocating and practicing dynamic lawyering — prompt, proactive, and results-oriented.
DivinaLaw is the sole Philippine member of Lawyers Associated Worldwide (LAW), a top-rated international association of over 100 independent law firms from more than 50 countries. It is also the sole Philippine member of LEGALINK, one of the leading international associations of independent law firms.
DivinaLaw has a partnership with 13 local law firms who can represent clients all over the Philippines as part of its aim to reach out to a wider range of clients and to complement its corporate, commercial, and arbitration-related services.
- The Firm has advised real estate developer Property Company of Friends Inc. (Pro-Friends) for the buyback of series A preferred shares from GT Capital in exchange for property valued at P20 billion (US $38.9 million).
- The Firm has advised a major universal bank on the acquisition of 3 fintech firms.
- The Firm has represented Solar Entertainment Inc. in a dispute with ABS-CBN Network, Inc. and Skycable Inc. over the exclusive right to broadcast NBA games in the Philippines.
- The Firm has represented the Filipina celebrity known as the “Queen of All Media,” Ms. Kris Aquino in the sale of her shares in Snail White cosmetics and in cyber libel cases filed against her former business partner and his brother.
- The Firm has represented Solar Sports in a dispute with Sportscore Inc. over the right to broadcast Philippine Superliga Volleyball League.
- The Firm has represented Galeo Equipment Corporation in an Arbitration case against Mt. Labo Mining Corporation over mining rights and majority shares. The case is now pending with the Singapore International Arbitration Center (SIAC).
- The Firm represented Carrascal Nickel Corporation (CNC) in a dispute with a group of indigenous people claiming ancestral domain rights.
- The Firm represented Aqua Boracay Resort in an Arbitration case against YOO Resorts at the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA).
- The Firm accomplished tax due diligence of a domestic entity that is registered with the Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) in connection with the cross-border IPO of its affiliate.
8/F Pacific Star Building, Sen. Gil Puyat Ave. cor. Makati Ave., Makati City, Philippines 1200
Tel: (63)(2) 8822-0808
Fax: (63)(2) 8822-7878
Unit 1504 Ayala Life- FGU Center, Mindanao Avenue cor. Biliran Road, Cebu Business Park, Cebu City, Philippines 6000
Tel: (63)(32) 416-8018
Contact: Nilo T. Divina
Number of employees: 53 legal staff, 54 non-legal staff
Offices in Asia: Two
Year Established: 2006
Languages spoken: Filipino, English, Chinese