Date(s) - 13 Oct 2021 - 28 Oct 2021
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The In-House Community™ is delighted to present the 2021 In-House Community eCongress Hong Kong series, which is part of the highly successful In-House Community Congress series, and our annual Hong Kong forum. Specifically for In-House Lawyers, Company Directors and Compliance Professionals, both those based in Hong Kong, and regional / international counsel and C-Suite executives with an interest in the jurisdiction. The e-Congress will provide an excellent opportunity to both learn about, and share on issues that are relevant to your role. The event will be hosted via Zoom Webinars.
CPD points applied for.
REGISTER HERE (One registration for all remaining two days). Or register in the form below.
Day plan below, or download a copy of the day-plan (PDF) by clicking here.
Day 1: Thursday, 7th October 2021, 3pm – 5pm HK Time. Completed. See below for day 3 and 4.
3pm–4pm: Navigate the shifting M&A landscape of Cayman and BVI companies. Including, Maples role in M&A transactions Mergers in the take-private context Dissenting Shareholder Rights Other mechanisms for implementing take-privates Presenting Firm: Maples Group
Speakers: John Trehey, Partner; Juno Huang, Partner; Karen Zhang Pallaras, Partner. Presentation 2:
4pm – 5pm: ESG in the House (Environment, Social and Governance), including, Laying the foundation: why are we talking about ESG Picking a design: ESG trends in HK and elsewhere Following the blueprint: Key ESG regulations Cementing the plan: Where to start and how to take it further Presenting Firm: Stephenson Harwood
Speakers: Penelope Shen, Partner; Tze-wei Ng, Associate.
Day 2: Wednesday, 13th October 2021, 3pm-5pm HK Time. Completed. See below for day 3 and 4.
3pm – 4pm: Sanctions, Export Controls and CFIUS, including: Overview of U.S. Regulatory Issues for Asia Technology Companies The 10% or 25% rule Trade Secrets Issues CFIUS and Critical Technology Presenting Firm: Sheppard Mullin
Speaker: Gao Harris, Partner.
4pm – 5pm: Res Judicata in Chinese Arbitration, including: Triple identical test, Cause of action estoppel, Issue estoppel, Abuse of process (claim splitting) Presenting Firm: Llinks Law Offices
Speakers: Charles Qin, Partner; Patrick Zheng, Partner
Day 3, Thursday, 21st October 2021, 3pm-5pm HK Time.
3pm-4pm: Getting ready for the new data protection laws in China and Hong Kong. Including,
- A primer on China Personal Information Protection Law (PIPL),
- PIPL vs GDPR,
- What does PIPL’s extraterritorial effect mean for international businesses?,
- Anti-doxxing bill in Hong Kong,
- New and wider powers of the Hong Kong Privacy Commissioner,
- Recent enforcement decisions
Presenting Firm: Hill Dickinson
Presenters: Alex May, Legal Manager; Yvette Yu, Partner
4pm-5pm: Future world of work: employment law and health & safety implications for international employers. Including,
- Review the key trends that have shaped our workplaces during the Covid-19 pandemic,
- Consider the key future trends for workforces, including workplace design and the war on talent, as well as the unintended consequences of pandemic and post-pandemic working,
- Identify the employment law and health & safety risk and compliance drivers that are / should be on the minds of senior leadership, including mental health as well as physical health impact,
- Consider the legal environment that international businesses face as workplaces evolve.
Presenting Firm: Seyfarth Shaw
Speakers: Julia Gorham, Partner; Paul Cutrone, Partner.
Day 4, Thursday, 28th October 2021, 3pm-5pm HK Time.
3pm-4pm: The evolution of technology in investigations. Including,
- How the way we communicate has driven the evolution of investigations
- Today’s challenges – the blurring of personal and corporate information
- Managing risks at a corporate level
Presenting Firm: FTI Consulting
Speaker: Sandeep Jadav, Senior Managing Director
4pm-5pm: Panel Discussion: Mental Well-Being Beyond the Pandemic
- Jessica Bartlett, Global Head of Financial Crime, Legal for Barclays
- Julia Gorham, Partner, International Employment Law, Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Amy Ng, General Counsel, Asia, CBRE Limited
- Tze-Wei Ng, Associate, Stephenson Harwood
Moderated by Rahul Prakash, Publisher, In-House Community