|Baker & McKenzie LLP acted for Blue Source, on a strategic alliance, marketing and trading relationship with Goldman Sachs. Richard Saines acted as lead partner on the transaction. Other members included banking and finance and major projects partner Marc Horwitz; corporate and securities partners Charles Hallab and Steve Griesemer (Chicago); and tax partners William R Wagner (New York), Richard Lipton and Michael Donovan.
DLA Phillips Fox has advised BOC Ltd on its acquisition of the remaining 50 percent shareholding in Auscom Holdings Pty Ltd from its joint venture partner AGL Energy Ltd for A$221 million. Sydney-based corporate partners David Morris and Adrian Smith led the deal team and were assisted by partners Mark Beaufoy, Tim L’Orange and Andrew Ball who advised on the environmental, property and workplace aspects of the due diligence respectively. Partner Geoff Taperell provided advice on competition aspects of the transaction.
Hunton & Williams (Thailand) Ltd represented GHECO-One in a US$460 million and Thai baht 9,960 million financing (total value US$750 million) of a 660 MW IPP project located in Map Ta Phut, Thailand. Stephen Bennett was lead partner on the transaction.
Kim & Chang advised US-based software developer WindRiver Systems Inc on its acquisition of a 99 percent interest of the total outstanding shares of Mizi Research Inc, a major linux software developer in Korea, from its shareholders. This transaction was led by partner Hyun Ho Eun Esq.
Latham & Watkins acted as US counsel to Renhe Commercial Holdings, the largest privately-owned operator of underground shopping centres for the wholesale and retail sector in China, in connection with its IPO of 3 billion shares listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Hong Kong partners David Zhang and Eugene Lee led on the deal which was valued at HK$3,390 billion (approximately US$435 million).
Lovells have advised the vendors group comprised of PT Lumbung Artakencana , PT Alas Pusakaand a number of individual shareholders on the sale of Bank Ekonomi to HSBC for US$607.5 million. The team was led by Singapore-based Scott Calver with support from Asia corporate head, Jamie Barr, and Singapore managing partner, James Harris.
Morrison & Foerster LLP’s, Hong Kong partner Paul Boltz led the team which represented China Medical Technologies Inc in its acquisition of HPV-DNA Biosensor Chip and Surface Plasmon Resonance based Analysis System for the detection of human papillomavirus (HPV), which causes cervical cancer and sexually transmitted disorders. Under the terms of the definitive acquisition agreement, China Medical will pay the seller, Molecular Diagnostics Technologies Ltd US$345 million in cash.
Morrison & Foerster LLP has represented Deutsche Bank and China Merchant Securities (HK), the joint financial advisors to Hong Kong-listed Enric Energy Equipment Holdings Ltd in the US$1.2 billion acquisition from major shareholder, China International Marine Containers (Group) Co Ltd and certain European shareholders, their entire interests in certain tank and storage equipment businesses based in China and Europe. Partners Xiaohu Ma and Tien-yo Chao led the transaction.
Morrison & Foerster LLP partners Steve Toronto and Paul Boltz led the firm’s representation of ChinaHR Holdings Ltd and its selling shareholders in the acquisition of ChinaHR by Monster Worldwide. The firm previously represented ChinaHR in connection with Monster’s initial Series A investment for 45 percent of ChinaHR. Under the terms of the current transaction, Monster paid US$174 million in cash for the remaining 55 percent stake.
HKIAC: 'Hong Kong remains a neutral and effective seat of arbitration'
"Despite recent challenges, users can remain confident in Hong Kong as a seat of arbitration" ...
Updated standards for e-meeting security
The Emergency Decree requires that electronic meetings follow the security protocols set forth under a notification from the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology.
How eDiscovery automation is driving new ways to improve the client experience
Technology can help finance and legal firms to become more efficient as well as also offering the potential to reduce cost.