Mr. M.R. Prasanna (Pras), a native of Mysore, holds a Masters Degree in Law from the University of Mysore and is a Gold Medalist.
After being an Independent Counsel for about 7 years, Pras then worked as Head of the Legal function for over 28 years with different organizations like- Alfa Laval, Brooke Bond India Limited (now part of Hindustan Unilever) , – as GC of Larsen & Toubro Limited for 7 years, and as Group GC of Aditya Birla Group for 12 years.
- He is a Life Member of the Institute of DirectorsHe is a Member of the International Bar Association
- He is member of the Editorial Boards of India Business Law Journal Hong Kong and Asia IP Magazine on Intellectual Property Law.
- He is on the Indian Arbitrators Panel of Singapore International Arbitration Centre
The Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration
Pacific International Arbitration Centre
The Nani Palkhivala Arbitration Centre in Chennai
The Indian Institute of Arbitration & Mediation (IIAM ) Kochi
- He is an IIAM Certified Arbitrator.
- He is a life member of the International Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (ICADR) New Delhi
- He is a Member of the Advisory Board of Centre for Advanced Mediation Practice, Bangalore
- Pras is an Advocate and is a member of the Karnataka Bar Council, He appears in court in select Corporate matters.
Pras was conferred:
- The “Outstanding Leader Award” by Mr Kumara Mangalam Birla, the Chairman of the Aditya Birla Group in 2002
- The “Best In House Counsel” award by Asia Law, Hong Kong in 2005 and again in 2007
- The “National Law Day” award by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India in November 2006
- The Outstanding Achievement Award By IFLR -LAW ASIA in 2011.
- The Life time Achievement Award By Legal Era in March 2014
- In 2010 he was recognized in the Hall of Fame as India’s top 50 Lawyers.
Pras has attended courses in IIM – Ahmedabad, The Northwestern University (Kellogg) Chicago and the Harvard Law School.
Pras is a regular speaker on diverse topics before various forums,both National and International.
He conducts General and bespoke training programmes on a variety of legal topics both for legal and non- legal executives.
Since May 2010, Pras has relocated to Bangalore. His office is at Brigade Towers and can be contacted on his office Number: 22112816 / 49217020