Life Sciences / Pharmaceuticals
Telecoms, Media & Technology
Ing Loong Yang is a partner in the Hong Kong office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Litigation & Trial Department. His practice focuses on international arbitration and complex commercial litigation in Asia, particularly on cross-border disputes involving Greater China.
Mr. Yang has extensive experience acting for corporate clients, which includes:
• International arbitration
• Complex commercial litigation
• Shareholders’ disputes
• Joint venture and technology licensing disputes
• FCPA investigation and compliance
• Regulatory issues
He has represented clients in numerous international arbitrations under the rules of CIETAC, SIAC, ICC, HKIAC and UNCITRAL, as well as in the Hong Kong Courts. Mr. Yang is a Solicitor-Advocate of the Hong Kong Courts, with full rights of audience in the Hong Kong Courts. Mr. Yang is also qualified in England and Wales, Singapore and New York.
Mr. Yang also has significant experience sitting as Arbitrator. He is a qualified Chartered Arbitrator, with appointments to many panels of international arbitral institutions, including HKIAC, SIAC, CIETAC, BAC, SHIAC, SCIA, KCAB and KLRCA. He has sat as arbitrator (either as Sole Arbitrator, Chair of Tribunal or party-appointed arbitrator) in numerous arbitrations seated in Hong Kong, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Beijing, Shanghai and Seoul.
In terms of public service, Mr. Yang:
• Currently serves as an Advisor to China Academy of Arbitration Law
• Currently serves as a Director of Maxwell Chambers, Singapore
• Served as a Deputy Public Prosecutor with the Singapore Attorney-General’s Chambers
• Served as a Member of the Disciplinary Committee of the Singapore Exchange (SGX)
Mr. Yang’s wide-ranging industry expertise includes online game software, pharmaceuticals, automotive, clean technology, banking and finance, road-recycling, agriculture, energy, OEM manufacturing and private equity.
Besides English, Mr. Yang is also fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese, Chiuchow, Fujianese, Malay and Bahasa Indonesia.