Date(s) - 31 Mar 2020
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
An In-House Community™ webinar presented by lawyers from
LC Lawyers LLP
Hong Kong law firm member of the global EY network.
When: Tuesday March 31, 2020
Time zone: 4:00pm – 5:00pm Hong Kong, China / Singapore time.
HK CPD Points are being applied for
COVID-19 has disrupted businesses and operations globally. Some are having to suspend or defer performance, causing a knock on effect on others, with potential severe financial consequences for all. Proactive management of these issues and risks is key to heading off and resolving potential disputes that may arise.
In this exclusive and timely webinar specifically created for senior in-house counsel, our presenters will discuss some of the key issues to consider and practical steps to take in proactively managing COVID-19 related risks and disputes, including:
- setting up a dedicated team to assess and address potential risks and performance breaches
- setting up communications strategy and protocols to keep stakeholders (e.g. employees, shareholders, investors, financiers, insurers, regulators) informed
- setting up privilege protocols to preserve confidentiality and legal privilege
- understanding contractual rights and obligations
- preserving, collecting and assessing relevant information and evidence and dealing with cross border transfers
- finding alternatives to strict performance
- mitigating losses
- preparing to and communicating with counter-parties and exploring solutions
- planning for the future
Kareena Teh is the first female solicitor in Hong Kong to be granted higher rights of audience, a recently established designation that permits select, highly-qualified litigators to represent clients in civil matters in all levels of Hong Kong’s judicial system.
Kareena has been recognized by Chambers Global, Chambers Asia Pacific and The Legal 500 Asia Pacific for her dispute resolution practice in China and Hong Kong, noting that she is described by sources as “very experienced and responsive”, has “excellent advocacy skills”, and “is a strong and experienced litigator with a very respectable practice”.
Kareena represent clients in corporate and commercial disputes and governance, regulatory and compliance matters.
Philip Kwok is a Counsel of LC Lawyers LLP. He focuses his practice on complex commercial dispute resolutions (litigation and arbitration), regulatory investigations and compliance, and technology and e-commerce advisory matters. He regularly assists multinational clients and individuals in resolving complex commercial disputes, and advises clients on issues relating to blockchain, cybersecurity, privacy and data protection, digital signatures, virtual identity verification, anti-money laundering issues, and other legal issues in relation to the latest technology.
Spaces are strictly limited. To register for this invite only webinar, simply complete the form here.