Date(s) - 22 Feb 2017
8:30 am - 4:40 pm
13th Street, Sheikh Rashid Rd, Wafi city
United Arab Emirates
Thank you for choosing the online registration.
Please complete the registration form below and an acknowledgment will be sent to you by email. Each workshop will be hosted by a private practice law firm or a professional service provider. Places are strictly limited. If the event is full, your name will be placed on a waitlist.
Note: Registration for the In-House Congress is not open to private practice lawyers and non-co-hosting recruiters, due diligence companies and consultancies.
08.30 – 09.00 – Registration
09.00 – 10.40
Welcome Remarks by Patrick Dransfield, Director, In-House Community
“In-House Lawyering and External Counsel: uncovering the relationship between Cost, Quality and Value”
A discussion led by Evangelos Apostolou, President, EMEA, SirionLabs, ex-General Counsel, Asia-Pacific, and Partner, Ernst & Young and ex-General Counsel, Asia- Pacific, British Telecom with Teegan Lindsay, VP – Legal (Projects), ACWA Power; Deepa Tharmaraj, Legal Director EMEA, Dell EMC; Tarek Nakkach, Region Legal Counsel, Middle East and North Africa, Hewlett Packard Enterprise; Dr Ahmad Bin Hezeem, Senior Partner, BSA Ahmad Bin Hezeem & Associates LLP; Sadiq Jafar, Managing Partner Dubai, Hadef & Partners; Rindala Beydoun, Founder and Managing Partner, Tribonian Law Advisors
10.40 – 11.05 – Networking Coffee Break
11.05 – 12.25 – Practice Area Workshop – Session A
- Sanctions in the Trump Era – From Iran to Russia and Beyond – Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Cracking the Contract – Do’s and Don’ts when drafting and reviewing UAE legal contracts – Hadef & Partners
- Legal and Regulatory Changes Affecting the Investment Outlook in 2017 – Hogan Lovells
12.25 – 13.40 – Lunch
13.40 – 15.00 – Practice Area Workshop – Session B
- Offshore Meets Onshore: How the Offshore Jurisdictions Integrate with and Compliment Onshore Jurisdictions including DIFC SPCs – Conyers Dill & Pearman
- Dubai Expo 2020 – The legal story so far – Hadef & Partners
- A Practical Guide to Handling Commercial Regulatory Issues in the UAE Legal Market – Reed Smith
15.00 – 15.20 – Networking Coffee Break
15.20 – 16.40 – Practice Area Workshop – Session C
- Drafting Sound Contracts – Developments in International Contract Law in the last year – Clyde & Co
- The Role of the Legal Team – Before and After a Cyber Breach – Kroll
16.40 – Day Close and Prize Draw
Bookings are closed for this event.