More than 90 major in-house teams in Asia, the Middle East and South Africa have submitted to be long-listed for the In-House Community Counsels of the Year, 2019. (#IHCawards2019)
Competing counsel include teams from:
Aboitiz Equity Ventures; Aboitiz Power Corporation; Abu Dhabi Global Market; Accenture Middle East; ACWA Power; AEON (M); AFGRI Group; Agoda Services; Al Dahra Group; Al Maya Group; Alexander Forbes Group Holdings; Asian Development Bank; Aujan Group Holding; Australia and New Zealand Banking Group; Baiyin Nonferrous (Beijing) International Investment; Bank of the Philippine Islands; Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts; BASF; Blue Pool Capital; Carrier; CBRE; China CITIC Bank International; China International Capital Corporation (Hong Kong); China Machinery Engineering Corp; China Travel Service (Holdings) Hong Kong; CIMB Group; COFCO Packaging; Convergys Philippines; COSCO SHIPPING Ports; Cushman & Wakefield; Damansara Realty; DNV GL; Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority; Edelweiss Alternative Assets; Ernst & Young; Essilor Amera; Far East Organization; FedEx Express International; Ferrero Trading Lux; Flash Entertainment; Fresenius Medical Care Investment (China); Galaxy Entertainment Group; Gartner; GMR Group; Grab; Guotai Junan International Holdings; Heineken Asia Pacific; Hyundai Engineering & Construction; ICBC International Holdings; Intouch Holdings; J M Huber Corporation; JD.com Group; Kellogg; Korea Exchange; Korea Gas Corporation; Lazada Group; Lear Corporation Asia Pacific; Life Healthcare Group; Linfox International Group; Mahindra & Mahindra; Malayan Banking Group; Malaysia Airports Consultancy Services; Manila Electric Company; Manulife (International); Maxis Group; Melco Resorts & Entertainment; Mizuho Bank; MTR Corporation; Nexperia; Nord Anglia Education; Petronet LNG; Prudential Vietnam Assurance; Siemens Indonesia; PTT Public Company; PVH Asia; REKSO Group; Saint-Gobain (China) Investment; Sanofi (China) Investment; SAP Asia; Schneider Electric; Seddiqi Holding; SHUAA Capital Psc; Singapore Press Holdings; Sinovation Ventures; Skechers China; Smilegate Holdings; State Grid International Development; Sun Pharmaceutical Industries; Swiss Re Asia; Taikang Insurance Group; Takeda (China) Holdings; Telstra International; United Energy Group; WSP (Asia); Yum! Brands; and Zaluvida Corporate.
The nomination period is now closed.
The winners of the In-House Teams and Counsels of the Year will be independently judged and announced in May.
The winning legal teams, and counsel within, will be able to demonstrate a majority of the following:
- Dedication: The team has gone over and above the normal call of duty to deliver legal and compliance services to their corporation/organisation.
- Innovation: The team have established or put in place processes/systems to identify weak spots and improve and the organisation’s compliance and the legal team’s performance.
- Efficiency & Value: The team is able to demonstrate the value it brings to the business unit.
- Integration: The team has made itself an integral and valued part of the organisation at a decision making level.
- Encouragement & Improvement: The team rewards it’s members for outstanding work and provides opportunities for it’s members to learn and grow within the company.
- CSR & Diversity: The team, either independently or as part of corporate-wide effort practices good Corporate Social Responsibility.