Main Practice Areas
- Investment – Mergers & Acquisitions
- Banking and Finance
- Aircraft and shipping finance
- Cross border finance
- Infrastructure Development & Project Finance
- Structured Finance
- Tax Law
- Capital Markets
- Oil & Gas
- Mining & Natural Resources
- Restructuring and Bankruptcy
- Marketing and Trade Regulation
- Telecommunications & Information Technology
- Labour Law
- Litigation Support and Alternative Dispute Resolution
Established in 1971, in the early stage of the modernisation of Indonesia’s laws, MKK is one of Indonesia’s oldest and largest law firms. We bring to bear four decades of insight for our practice of the law. From the outset our focus has been on quality and commercially sensible legal services delivered in a timely and cost effective manner. A substantial number of our lawyers have studied abroad, and many have advanced degrees from leading universities in the United States, Great Britain, the Netherlands, Australia and Japan.
Each client is served by their own dedicated team of lawyers, led by an MKK partner who has primary responsibility for the firm’s relationship with the client. The partner, assisted by a foreign advisor, carries out or oversees all that client’s work. Where specialised skills are required, lawyers with the appropriate expertise are brought in to form a focused MKK team. The partner and advisor are directly involved in, and take responsibility for, all work carried out on behalf of their client, ensuring the client’s needs are met. Clients have direct access to the responsible partners and advisors at all times.
MKK serves clients around the globe. In addition, we work with many international law firms from the United States, Europe, Australia and Asia and with leading local law firms in the ASEAN countries. For more about MKK, including biographies of our lawyers, see our website at www.mkklaw.net.
Recognition and Awards
- IFLR ‘Recommended Financial and Corporate Firm’, 2017
- AsiaLaw has awarded MKK the title of ‘Outstanding Law Firm’, 2017.
- Acquisition International has named MKK ‘Corporate Law Firm of the Year – Indonesia’, 2017
- Corporate Insider awards MKK ‘Excellence in Employment Law’, 2017.
- Leading Adviser names MKK ‘Leading Mergers and Acquisitions Law Adviser of the Year, Indonesia’, 2018.
Mochtar Karuwin Komar (MKK)
Address: WTC 6 (formerly Wisma Metropolitan II), 13th and 14th Floors, Jl. Jend. Sudirman, Kav. 31, Jakarta 12920, Indonesia, P.O. Box 2844 Jakarta 10001
Tel: (62) 21 571 1130
Fax: (62) 21 571 1162 or 570 1686
Fee Earners: 50