Main Practice Areas
Corporate Transactions, including: Banking & Finance, Foreign and Domestic Investment, Infrastructure & Utilities, Project Finance, Energy Law, Antitrust Law, Mining Law, Shipping Law & Ship Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions, Capital Market Transactions and Property Law.
Corporate Litigation, including: Alternative Dispute Resolution and Antitrust Litigation.
Founded by Mr. Timbul Thomas Lubis, Dr. Mohamed Idwan Ganie and Mr. Arief Tarunakarya Surowidjojo in 1985, Lubis Ganie Surowidjojo (LGS) is widely recognized as one of the most dynamic and leading law firms in Indonesia. The firm is consistently ranked at the top of the league for every area of its practice and the firm has grown into one of the largest corporate transaction & corporate litigation firms in Indonesia. With over more than 100 of experienced and well-trained lawyers, the firm has long history of continuously providing the highest quality legal service and achieving successful transactions for its clients.
LGS has been involved in some of the largest and most complex commercial transactions and corporate litigation cases in Indonesia. The firm undertakes high level legal work for a variety of its clients, ranging from domestic to multinational corporations, public and private companies, to Government instrumentalities and state owned enterprises. The firm’s ability to provide its clients with legal, commercial and strategic solutions is built on successful experience, passion and the desire to understand the commercial context of a business.
LGS has obtained Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance certifications of ISO 9001:2015 for Quality Management systems and ISO 14001:2015 for Environmental Management systems to ensure the quality of the firm’s operations.
Recognition/Awards or Key Deals
- Indonesian Litigation Law Firm of the Year 2019 – Lubis Ganie Surowidjojo awarded by Asian Legal Business (ALB) ;
- Indonesia Top 100 Lawyers of the year 2019 – Dr Mohamed Idwan Ganie awarded by Asia Business Law Journal;
- Indonesia Commercial Litigation Law Firm of the Year 2019 – Lubis Ganie Surowidjojo awarded by Global Law Experts;
- Indonesia Commercial Transactions Law Firm of the Year 2019 – Lubis Ganie Surowidjojo awarded by Global Law Experts;
- In House Community Commended External Counsel of the Year 2019 – Dr Mohamed Idwan Ganie awarded by Asian mena Counsel – In-house Community;
- Arbitration and Litigation Lawyer of the Year Indonesia 2019 – Dr Mohamed Idwan Ganie awarded by Lawyer International ;
- Super Lawyer 2019: Indonesia Arbitration & Litigation Advisor of the Year 2019 – Dr Mohamed Idwan Ganie awarded by Lawyers Worldwide Awards Magazine;
- Indonesian Maritime Law Firm of the Year 2018 – Lubis Ganie Surowidjojo awarded by Asian Legal Business (ALB) ;
- In House Community Commended External Counsel of the Year 2018 – Dr Mohamed Idwan Ganie awarded by Asian mena Counsel – In-house Community;
- Legal Awards 2017: Indonesia Commercial Litigation Lawyer of the Year 2017 – Lubis Ganie Surowidjojo awarded by Corporate Insider;
- Golden Global Awards 2017: Indonesia Lawyer of The Year 2017 – Dr M. Idwan Ganie awarded by Legal Comprehensive.com
- Indonesian Managing Partner of the Year 2017 – Lubis Ganie Surowidjojo awarded by Asian Legal Business (ALB) ;
- Innovative Lawyers 2017: Indonesian Corporate Finance Law Firm of the Year 2017 awarded by Lawyers Worldwide Awards Magazine.
Lubis Ganie Surowidjojo
Address: Menara Imperium 30th Floor, Jl. HR Rasuna Said Kav.1, Kuningan Jakarta 12980
Tel: (62) 21 831-5005, 831-5025 (hunting)
Fax: (62) 21 831-5015, 831-5035
Contacts: Dr. M. Idwan Ganie, email@example.com
Number of employees: 115 Lawyers
Offices in Asia: Indonesia
Year Established: 1985
Languages Spoken: Indonesian, English