Main Practice Areas
Corporate and Commercial, Mergers and Acquisitions, Infrastructure and Major Projects, Energy and Resources, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Banking and Finance, Intellectual Property, Residential and Commercial Real Estate Developments, Insurance, Telecommunications.
Frasers Law Company (Frasers) is Vietnam’s premier independent commercial law firm, providing innovative, international-standard local law advice and opinions, in a Vietnamese context, on all areas of business and commerce to leading global and local companies investing and operating in Vietnam. Frasers was the first law firm to be licensed by the Ministry of Justice in Vietnam with a foreign law company license. The firm is culturally diverse and benefits from the integrated and cutting-edge expertise of its team of local and expatriate lawyers. Frasers understands the legal, commercial, political, and regulatory issues that affect businesses in Vietnam, and aims to provide comprehensive legal services to help clients navigate these complex issues and achieve outstanding business outcomes.
Select Recognition and Key Deals
Some of our reccent achievements includes:
- Finalist in the Asia Pacific IFLR1000 Project Finance Deal of the Year Award, 2019.
- WINNER of the Asian Legal Business South East Asian Project Finance Deal of the Year Awards, 2019.
- Finalist in the asialaw Regional Awards for Vietnam Firm of the Year Award.
- WINNER of the In-House Community ‘Alternative Investment’ Vietnam Law Firm of the Year Award, 2018.
- WINNER of the Infrastructural Journal (IJ) Global Asia Pacific Coal-power Deal of the Year Award, 2019.
- acting as lenders’ Vietnam local counsel in relation to the successful financial close in July 2018 of the US $2.75 billion financing of Nghi Son 2 BOT 1200MW power project, Thanh Hoa province, Vietnam and therefore have intimate knowledge of what it takes to make a BOT power generation project bankable on a limited recourse finance basis in Vietnam.
- advising a client in relation to the biggest ever foreign direct investment project in Vietnam. The project has total registered investment capital of US$10 billion and consists of numerous components, including a large-scale coal-fired power generation project.
- advising an export credit agency in relation to a 2×660 MW thermal power plant Project to be executed on BOT basis in Tra Vinh Province, Vietnam.
- advising one of the world’s largest multinational companies on its acquisition of shares in a listed Vietnamese company via a Mandatory Public Offer.
- acting for one of Japan’s leading property companies in relation to its acquisition of the entire share capital of an offshore SPV holding company, together with its 100% controlling interest in one of Saigon’s premier Grade A office buildings.
Frasers Law Company
Address (Ho Chi Minh City): Unit 19.01, 19th Floor, Deutsches Haus, 33 Le Duan Boulevard, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Tel: (84) 28 3824 2733
Fax: (84) 28 3824 2736
Address (Hanoi): Unit 1205, 12th Floor, Pacific Place, 83B Ly Thuong Kiet Street, Hoan Kiem District, Ha Noi, Vietnam
Tel: (84) 24 3946 1203
Fax: (84) 24 3946 1214
Contact: Hoa Nguyen, Business Development Manager
Number of employees: 36
Offices in Asia: Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi, Vietnam
Year Established: 2004
Languages spoken: Cantonese, English, French, Italian, Russian and Vietnamese