Career models for young lawyers – and cultivating the qualities to ensure success
When: Wednesday 23 October – 6.00 – 7.15pm
Where: 3/F, Bank of America Tower, 12 Harcourt Road, Admiralty, Hong Kong
Followed by: Drinks Reception, donated by the In-House Community
- How has the career model for young lawyers changed?
- Will modern law firms in the future have non-partner lawyers who are successfully involved in client work on a permanent basis?
- What can you expect from an in-house career?
- Can lawyers also be entrepreneurs?
- What are the qualities of those that want to pursue a successful career in the legal space?
A presentation and discussion moderated by:
- Patrick Dransfield, Director, In-House CommunityTM
Joining Patrick will be:
- Nancy Stafford – Vice Chair, ABA International, Chair, Advisory Committee, ABA Center for Human Rights.
- Vincent Connor – Partner, Pinsent Masons (Hong Kong), specializing in Construction and Engineering Law
- Michael Lin – Partner, Marks & Clerk (Hong Kong), specializing in IP and Start-ups
- Tessa Whittle – Head of Legal / Managing Consultant, KorumLegal
- Vandana Rajwani (invited) – Barrister, Wyndham Chambers; Faculty of Law, University of Hong Kong University; Human Rights Advocate
- Dr Herman Knott, Partner, Andersen Tax & Legal, based in Germany
And other experienced professionals representing the full gamut of legal careers, including a leading Private Practice Partner, a Legal Entrepreneur, a seasoned In-House Counsel and lawyers with experience of working for Non-Profit Organizations.
Exclusively delivered at Chinese University of Hong Kong
To register online, go to: https://www.inhousecommunity.com/events/best-times-worst-times/
Or for more information, contact Patrick.Dransfield@InHouseCommunity.com