Date(s) - 23 Mar 2017
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
The Peninsula Beijing
On March 23rd, over 200 in-house counsel gathered at the 16th annual Beijing In-House Congress.
‘The Path to Excellence: How to benchmark the In-House Team’s evolution, and the role of External Providers to assist In-House Counsel along this path’ provided the topical framework for an engaging plenary discussion with Matthew J. Kendrick, General Counsel, Daimler Greater China; Hannah Cao, Deputy General Counsel, Silk Road Fund; David Tang, Managing Partner, Asia, K&L Gates; and Patrick Zheng, Partner, Clyde & Co, which was ably moderated by In-House Community director, Patrick Dransfield. The session also included an opening address by Chen Fuyong, Deputy Secretary-General, Beijing Arbitration Commission/Beijing International Arbitration Center.
The day proceeded with plenty of networking, and engaging workshops including:
- China Outbound to ASEAN – Key Issues and Common M&A Structures – with focus on Cambodia, Philippines and Thailand – DFDL
- 如何運用專家証人及司法鑒定解決訴訟案件中的專門性問題 How to Use Expert Witness and Judicial Assessment to Resolve Technology Related Issues in Litigations (to be presented in Chinese) – JunHe
- Commercial & Regulatory: Anti-trust; Tax Spotlight and Compliance – to survive and thrive in new tax era – King & Wood Mallesons
- 執行公司合規政策的最佳實踐 – 外部律師和公司法務之洞見 Best Practice in Implementing Your Company’s General Compliance Policy – Insights from Private Practice and In-House Counsel (to be partly presented in Chinese) – Reed Smith
- 跨國公司在華業務境內上市 Listing of Multinational’s China Business in China – AnJie Law Firm
- Investor-state Dispute Settlement: Substantive investment protections, how they are acquired and enforced; Assessment of costs in investment arbitration; CIETAC’s latest development – Clyde & Co and China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC)
- Outbound M&A: Spotlight on Blind Spots & Solutions in Cross-Border Deals – K&L Gates
- Global Anti-Corruption Enforcement:Practical Guidance on how to Protect Your Company – Debevoise & Plimpton
- Technology, Media & Telecommunications – King & Wood Mallesons
- 中國跨國公司遇到的數據保護問題和挑戰 China Data Protection Issues for Multinational Corporates in China (to be presented in Chinese) – Latham & Watkins
Sincere thanks go to the above firms for their valued participation, as well as to Hughes-Castell and Taylor Root for their continued support of this important In-House Community gathering.
Bookings are closed for this event.