Date(s) - 23 Mar 2017
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
The Peninsula Beijing
The Peninsula Beijing
8 Goldfish Lane, Wangfujing
Beijing 100006, China
Thank you for choosing the online registration.
Please complete the registration form below and an acknowledgment will be sent to you by email. Each workshop will be hosted by a private practice law firm or a professional service provider. Places are strictly limited. If the event is full, your name will be placed on a waitlist.
Note: Registration for the In-House Congress is not open to private practice lawyers and non-co-hosting recruiters, due diligence companies and consultancies.
08.30 – 09.00 – Registration
09.00 – 10.20 – Welcome Remarks
Keynote address by Chen Fuyong, Deputy Secretary-General, Beijing Arbitration Commission/Beijing International Arbitration Center
“The Path to Excellence”
• How to benchmark the In-House Team’s evolution?
• What is the role of External Providers to assist the In-House Team along this path?
A discussion with Matthew J. Kendrick, General Counsel, Daimler Greater China, Ltd.; Hannah Cao, Deputy General Counsel, Silk Road Fund Co., Ltd; David Tang, Managing Partner, Asia, K&L Gates; Patrick Zheng, Partner, Clyde & Co; and moderated by Patrick Dransfield, Publishing Director Asian-mena Counsel and Co-Director, In-House Community
10.20 – 10.50 – Networking Coffee Break
10.50 – 12.10 – Practice Area Workshop – Session A
- China Outbound to ASEAN – Key Issues and Common M&A Structures–with focus on Cambodia, Philippines and Thailand – DFDL
- 如何运用专家证人及司法鉴定解决诉讼案件中的专门性问题 How to Use Expert Witness and Judicial Assessment to Resolve Technology Related Issues in Litigations (to be presented in Chinese) – JunHe LLP
- Commercial & Regulatory: Anti-trust; Tax Spotlight and Compliance – to survive and thrive in new tax era – King & Wood Mallesons
- 执行公司合规政策的最佳实践 – 外部律师和公司法务之洞见Best Practice in Implementing Your Company’s General Compliance Policy – Insights from Private Practice and In-House Counsel (to be partly presented in Chinese) – Reed Smith
12.10 – 13.10 – Lunch
13.10 – 14.30 – Practice Area Workshop – Session B
- 跨国公司在华业务境内上市 Listing of Multinational’s China Business in China – AnJie Law Firm
- Investor-state Dispute Settlement: Substantive investment protections, how they are acquired and enforced; Assessment of costs in investment arbitration; CIETAC’s latest development – Clyde & Co and China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC)
- Outbound M&A: Spotlight on Blind Spots & Solutions in Cross-Border Deals – K&L Gates
14.30 – 14.50 – Networking Coffee Break
14.50 – 16.10 Practice Area Workshop – Session C
- Global Anti-Corruption Enforcement: Practical Guidance on how to Protect Your Company – Debevoise & Plimpton
- Technology, Media & Telecommunications – King & Wood Mallesons
- 中国跨国公司遇到的数据保护问题和挑战 China Data Protection Issues for Multinational Corporates in China (to be presented in Chinese) – Latham & Watkins
16.10 – Day Close and Prize Draw
Bookings are closed for this event.