Our research team has shortlisted 10 nominees for Visionary Firm of the Year, which recognises legal services providers that are at the cutting edge of technology and innovation.
General counsel say they face three principal challenges face on a day-to-day basis: managing costs and evaluating value-added; talent and career management; and positioning the legal department within the company. By reverse-engineering these key challenges, our research team have set the challenge for New Silk Road-based legal service providers to demonstrate that they can truly stand inside the shoes of their clients and provide innovative service.
We canvassed 100 legal providers and asked them to provide examples of the following:
• budget-orientated project management for a client;
• advice to a client regarding productivity and efficiency; and
• exceeding client expectations (inclusive of client testimonials).
The winning firms will be announced live at the In-House Community Counsels of the Year award ceremony, which will take place on May 11, 2017 at the Hong Kong Jockey Club Happy Valley Clubhouse in Hong Kong.
The shortlisted firms are:
Winning firms will be chosen by our expert panel. The judges are:
- Evangelos Apostolou, a seasoned legal professional, Evangelos was general counsel, Asia Pacific, and partner, Ernst & Young, and general counsel, Asia Pacific, British Telecom. Evangelos is currently president for EMEA at SirionLabs.
- David Miles, former partner, executive committee member and Asia chairman for Latham & Watkins. Currently chairman of Asia Community Venture.
|For more information on the In-House Community
Awards, please contact Patrick Dransfield at
To see our nominated In-House Teams of the Year, click here.
To see a full rundown of our Commended External Counsel, click here.
With thanks to our valued sponsors: