The In-House Community is now canvassing nominations for our third annual Counsels of the Year Awards.
The aim of the awards is to honour both individual in-house counsel and legal teams that have pursued excellence within their organisations during the past year, and to showcase their achievements and provide inspiration to our community of 21,000 in-house counsel across Asia and the Middle East. The winning legal teams, and counsel within, will be able to demonstrate a range of achievements, including those in the areas of:
- Efficiency & Value
- Encouragement & Improvement
- CSR & Diversity
Shortlisted nominees will be invited to our annual In-House Community Awards Ceremony & Celebration, to be held in Hong Kong in Q2, 2018 (you can see a short video of our previous awards evenings here).
The In-House Community Counsels of the Year Awards are generously supported by Axiom.
The nomination period closes December 30th.
For more information on how to nominate yourself, your team, or an in-house peer, please contact:
Yvette Tan, In-House Community Research & Development Manager
at email@example.com with ‘In-House Community Counsel of the Year’ in the subject line.
|In addition to the In-House Community directors, this year’s judging panel includes:
- Mr Evangelos Apostolou, a seasoned legal professional, Evangelos was General Counsel, Asia-Pacific, and Partner, Ernst & Young and General Counsel, Asia-Pacific, British Telecom. Evangelos is currently President at EMEA SirionLabs.
- Ms Michelle Gon is a partner of McDermott Will & Emery. She is stationed at the firm’s strategic alliance office, MWE China Law Offices, in Shanghai. Previously Michelle was a Principal at Baker & McKenzie Shanghai, Managing Partner of the firm’s Taipei office, and served as the Chief Legal Officer/Vice President of Semiconductor Manufacturing International (Shanghai) Corporation, and an International Attorney for McDonald’s Corporation, headquartered in Illinois.
- Mr David Miles, former partner Executive Committee member and Chairman of Asia Latham & Watkins. Currently Chairman of Asia Community Venture.
- Ms Kirsty Dougan, Head of Asia for Axiom, one of the world’s leading providers of legal advisory services. Previously Kirsty served as Senior Regional Counsel to Diageo where she started and built Diageo’s legal function for the Greater China region.
- Ms Cherine Ghali, was previously General Counsel at Dubai Group in the UAE, winner of both the Change Management, Middle East category and overall Middle Eastern Legal Team of the Year accolades at the 2017 In-House Community Awards.
With thanks to the following for their support of this In-House Community search for excellence:
Myanmar Opened its Broadcasting and TV Market
The Broadcasting Law 2015 opens commercial licenses for TV or radio for bidding under an independent supervisory authority. This offers wide opportunities to investors from broadcasting infrastructures to broadcasting services.
The new CIETAC Arbitration Rules 2015
The New Rules adopt both best practices and the latest developments in international commercial arbitration and accommodate the increasing needs of the parties arbitrating at CIETAC.
Related Articles by Jurisdiction
Developments in competition law in Africa
At LEX Africa’s June seminar on developments in competition law in Africa, speakers discussed the increasing trend of governments to try and use competition law as an important part of their industrial policy ...
How the Mental Health Act affects employees
Mental health conditions, which include anxiety and panic disorders, depression, eating disorders, substance abuse and addictions, have become a pervasive issue which permeates our present society ...